Re: essential loop recordings

--- Dave Trenkel <improv@peak.org> wrote:
> I find it interesting that no one's mentioned DT's
> Splattercell::OAH  disc yet, to me, that's the
>pinnacle of his work (so far).

It wasn't released in the 90's, though.

I love OAH (and ReMiKSiS too), but I also get the
impression (possibly very mistaken) that the
SPLaTTeRCeLL stuff is generally more of an in-studio
assemblage on which, in addition to the EDP and the
Repeater, he uses software tools which may not have
been available at the time of dt's earlier albums. I
guess I'm basing that on interviews I've read in which
dt describes the samples as 'cells' of varying length
extracted from his playing which he then proceeds to
further manipulate through software (and more
hardware).

-t-