Re: Paul Dresher / Was Re: essential loop recordings

In a message dated 6/26/03 11:40:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ArsOcarina@aol.com writes:

One of the really
neat tricks he would do involved his post-loop processing through an
early Eventide Harmonizer. Somehow (this was pre-MIDI, I believe),
he was able to, at certain points, change the pitch of his loops
(without changing the tempo) by pressing keys on a small, one-octave
keyboard. This was the first time I'd heard (or seen) anyone do that.

The earliest harmonizers had an analog-synth type "control voltage" input. The small keyboard was probably plugged into that.

Tim