Re: Eberhard's intonation...

--- Steve Lawson <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk> wrote:
> taking it straight to a
> luthier and getting at least very obvious position
> dots on the board, if not
> getting the whole thing lined... I'll never buy an
> unlined fretless bass...

I once had a lined fretless Frankenstein that was
assembled from parts of different scale lengths. It
*sounded* great, but was instrumental in helping me
learn not to look at the fingerboard while playing;
because the 'cheater lines' were blatantly wrong,
every time I'd look at it while playing I'd screw up!

-t-