Re: MiniDisc suggestions

hi richard,

the panasonic sj-mr220 also suffers from not being able to change input
levels whilst recording. another problem, which may be common to
minidisc in general, is not being able to activate record from the
remote in any way unless in record standby, forcing me to remove the
unit from wherever it is being stored in order to start record after it
has been stopped.  (there are ways around this, such as only ever
pausing recording, but a direct record on the remote would be more
helpful).  also, no direct digital transfer to PC from this unit.  it is
however, an extremely light, extremely small unit, and features a 24 bit
ad converter for what it´s worth.  after some use though I would have to
recommend the use of a raw wave recorder for field recordings of any
importance if possible, such as the creative jukebox, or portable dat.
even on minumum compression there is noticeable degredation in certain
frequencies (mostly the higher spectrum), which is a problem common to
minidisc in general i´m led to believe.

regards
michael noble