Noisy Footswitches Slight Return/Cellofects

Hmmmm, verrrry interesting...

Had a long phone conversation with looping cellist
Kristen Miller <http://www.cellobrew.com/bio.htm>
yesterday regarding an upcoming collaboration, and of
course the topic turned to looping. I wondered what
devices she had used on her album 'Later That Day'
<http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kristenm> and as it turns
out, she was originally using a DL-4 but as a result
of some very vocal protests from her
engineer/co-producer about the clicking footswitches,
she changed horses to an RC-20. She's very happy with
the Boss, and (unlike me) she does use the storage
settings in live performance. Her only complaint is
that she wishes she could have the footswitches on the
floor and the other controls at tabletop level next to
her Pod.

She also said that she'd like to start using loops on
her vocal mic, as her setup now only loops from her
cello pickup. I think I've convinced her that she
needs a small mixer...

We also talked a little about effects on the cello;
can any of you with looped/amplified cello experience
recommend a good sub-octave device, something that
tracks well with a cello and puts out a monster bass
sound?

-t-