Re: Playing in time with multiple non-synced loopers... (was: Re: footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sottilaro" <sine@zerocrossing.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: Playing in time with multiple non-synced loopers... (was: Re:
footswitchable series/parallel signal routing schemes)

> On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 07:11 AM, Paul Sanders wrote:
> >> Well, if you'd lurked even longer, you'd probably see
> >> it all come full circle and realize you're not alone!
> >> As Kim points out on a regular basis, folks are using
> >> looping gear in many, many styles of music.
> >
> > Oh, well, OK then. You mean just because Mark doesn't like watching
> > acts like mine I don't have to sell all my looper gear and just stick
> > with one guitar/one vocal???
> >
> > :)
> >
> > lol lol lol lol lol
> >

> Exactly.  Paul made a statement that implied an absolute about looping
> (can't do anything that doesn't sound like shit with two unsynced
> loopers) I just had to put forth a different opinion.  Be careful with
> absolutes.

That statement was showing my lack of understanding of the breadth of
things
loopers do. Had that come up a few days later I would have never made that
statement.

In fact, the responses to that statement inspired me to try things with
unsync'd loopers that worked out nicely.

Anyhow, I'm a bit forward with my "participation". Sometimes I speak before
I know enough :)

Paul