Re: aleatory analogue in the house

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 05:35  AM, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

> loopsters- I ask again, in the name of all that's holy and repeatable-
> does my use of analogue step sequencers count (ahem..) as a looping
> technique, for the purposes of this list? or do I have to limit my
> correspondence to matters concerning jam-mans, repeaters and dl4's?
> (we have two of each in my band).

Sure!  Although this list seems to be audio looping centric, I find no
real reason why looping at a data stage would be different.  I've been
doing a lot of live MIDI looping using an XL-7 recently and it's been
great and fun.  It's got both step and realtime record modes and both
work well.  I ask, why go analogue though?  I must admit that when I
got into sequencing MIDI had already firmly taken over (1983-84) and
although I owned a Roland Juno 106, I never had the chance to work with
an analogue sequencer.  What were their benefits?

Mark Sottilaro