Re: Buy one EDP, get the 2nd for half price!

I have a feeling it wouldn't be "minimal effort".

Minimal effort is something like updating the silkscreened graphics on
the front from "Oberheim" to "Gibson".  Making a new metal case, with
all the controls duplicated, a new power supply (and since it's an
internal supply, I think there's some re-certification that Gibson
would have to complete, but I could be wrong), testing to make sure
that there weren't any thermal problems or noise/interference issues,
adjusting the production/assembly line for this new thing, re-doing the
manual, new box, marketing info, etc--that doesn't sound very minimal.
When all is said and done, it'd probably cost about the same as two
Echoplexes.  And what's the market for the double-decker EDP?  Small,
really small--at any realistic price point for such a thing.

If you think you've got to have a second EDP cheap, they go for about
$550 on eBay, often with the foot controller.

TravisH