Re: How Many Delays, synced and unsynced

At 11:27 PM 7/16/2003 -0700, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>this was originally supposed to go to Weg, but thanks for the info.

Sorry dude, my insomnia's kicking in and driving me a little buggy....

>I picked one up today to check out.  My needs are this:  I bought an E-MU
>Command Station and one of the big pluses is it has 3 sets of stereo
>outputs.  You can do all sorts of cool routing (they can act as effect
>sends too) but if you use a set as a pure secondary set of outputs it
>bypasses it's effects.  Dry out only.  I mainly just wanted a little
>ambience and or reverb for as cheap as possible.

I've got one of the older E-mu units (a Morpheus) which has a similar
function, only not as advanced -- only 2 sets of stereo outputs.  I've
done
some pretty wicked routing in there, so I can only imagine how much you
can
do on the Command Station.

>I midi synced delay is a bonus too, which it seems to do well.

It does track MIDI quite nicely, which is something I'll give Lexicon
points for.  My only gripe there is that the interface is so sparse it
demands you use their 'learn' function for even the simplest things.  An
example: I got it set up in the rack, and was getting all the common
settings for all my units configured before actually having the MIDI
patchbay wired in.  I went to simply set the MIDI channel, then realized I
couldn't do it from the front panel; I'd actually have to plug in a
keyboard, press the 'learn' button combo, then send it a program change on
the channel to which I wanted it set.  What a pain for such a simple
function.

>I got an open box special so I got a good deal.  Seems to be doing the
>job
>so far.  The main thing I don't like about it is the way you can save and
>recall presets.

Hey, if it's working well for you then that's all that counts.  I got a
bit
burned in that it's one of the few pieces of gear I've bought sight-unseen
(I'd a good amount of experience with the Lexicon PCM- and LXP- series
verbs, and when the opportunity came to get a new Lex for only a coupla
bills, I jumped based solely on reputation).  It didn't live up to my
expectations, is all.  That, however, doesn't mean it's not a competent
unit, and that it can't live up to yours.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil