FCB1010 - Can it control both my EDP and my efx unit?

Hi loopers,

First, a BIG Thanks to everyone on this list, for making it one of the most intreresting and consistently informative of any forum I've ever been a part of.  My only complaint is that, at about 30 - 40 posts PER DAY, it's hard to keep up with it!  But I'm trying . .

Anyway, I'm thinking aboput getting the FCB1010 to control my EDP.   Does anyone know if I can set up a bank on the 1010 to also control my digitech efx unit?  I seem to recall from a previous post that using the 1010 to control multiple units is unreliable because of the way the unit is designed.

Most of the parameters of the  digitech (Studio 400)  respond only to midi cc's.   My plan is to (hopefully) assign the tap tempo function to one of the pedals on the 1010, and use another pedal/switch for general program switching ( i.e. from delay to chorus).
Thanks for any help.

Thanks
SteveK