Re: OT: Bass Hum

In a message dated 7/18/03 4:37:45 PM, redrum123@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I've had my acoustic bass for not even a month, and there is a rather
severe

noise issue using the pickup (it has a Fishman Classic4 preamp). >>

Hi
If it is a cold weld or an errant shielding, should be able to be tracked
down by a local guitar tech.

You might try an Ebtech Hum Eliminator.  Plugging the guitar into that
first
might prevent the hum from moving thru the system.
Not that expensive, good idea to have one around in any case when
unexpected
hums pop up. Has saved me several times. I always have to run my Korg M1
thru
it.

BobC

The Thumb Piano Project