rds7.6

Hello everyone.
I just snagged an RDS 7.6 from an ebay auction.  Unfortunately the unit
did not work when I received it.  The unit is in beautiful cosmetic shape
and all the led's are working, but the signal seems to 'pass through the
unit' without adding so much as a little slapback.  What gives?
This problem seems so drastic that to my untrained brain, it seems like
there might be a simple solution lurking somewhere.
Any help you guys could give would be appreciated.
Thanks, Todd Husken