Re: Dangerous (learning) curves (was Fast & Trashy, Slow and Chaste)

Hi there,

In a message dated 8/14/03 2:47:27 PM, paolovalladolid@yahoo.com writes:

>He uses a MIDI guitar to communicate with a Max/MSP patch running on his
>laptop - pretty much the same thing I was going to do.  On top of that,
>he's so much more skilled at it ;), both with respect to guitar chops and
>computer/Max/MSP chops.

Just a thought (and my own uneducated opinion to be sure), but I'd suggest
going with your original plan -- unless you really ARE better with a Palm
Pilot
and MIDI than your guitar. If I ever let myself be intimidated into NOT
playing
my primary instrument when I new there were better players present (or
possibly even sharing the same bill) I'd never, ever play in public at
all.
Honest!!!

In my mind, almost anybody is better than me. But, I always go ahead and
figure
it as a growing and learning experience . . . and a challenge to "bone up
if
nothing
else . . . as well as an opportunity to conquer those fits of "nerves"
that
arise
in such situations by sheer force of willpower and determination -- if
nothing else.

Do what you want -- plan A or plan B. But don't NOT do whatever the other
alternative is simply for fear of being out-classed or out-gunned. The
best
learning opportunities in life are in meeting "challenge" experiences
head-on
and overcoming them.

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian