MIDI commands sent by drum machine to EDP

There was discussion this week about using a drum machine to send MIDI
commands to the EDP.  I was going to try this with my Korg ER-1.  Some
questions first.  The EDP manual has a MIDI command list.  For example,
the Reverse command is listed as A with a source # offset of 33.  If I
set up one of the pads on the ER-1 to transmit A, will that cause the
EDP to Reverse?  Which A would it be anyway, A1 A2 etc.

Thanks in advance,
John
www.johnmazzarella.com