RE: EDP loop technique question

Hi John,

There is a cool feature in LOOP4 where you can substitute a part of the
loop and have the new audio coming back on the next loop round. However,
with this "substitute, insert" method you can not build up the vocal
part with many layers.

Your idea of using feedback could be another thing to try, maybe
combined with setting a defined number of loops. If you are using two
loops you could start building the instrumental part in "loop A" and
then step "next" (using the "copy audio") and start building loop B with
your vocals on top of the instrumental background. While singing you
should bring feedback down a bit to fade out the instrumental loop
behind the vocal layers. Older vocal lines will also fade away so you
might have to "repair" them as you slowly substitute the music with
vocal layers. When the loop reaches acapella only you can stop
overdubbing and set feedback back to 100%. Now you can step between the
instrumental and the acapella loop.

You could also do this with the EDP set for three loops: (A)
instrumental, (B) instruments and vocals, (C) vocal only. Then, when in
loop B, you have to carefully watch out for the moment when the mix
between instrumental and vocal layers is right - then you step the next
button and keep "repairing" the vocal harmonies while the instrumental
layers fade back in the feedback.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se