Kaoss Pad

Hi gear boys (mainly) and girls (two that I've met),
I am running out of the strength to resist buying the new Kaoss Pad.  Help
me by telling me I cannot plug my existing turntable output into it and
sample ausio from records (remember those?  Made of old dinosaur
droppings?)
without a preamp--another way of asking this question is, is there a preamp
in it?
What is, is.  What is not, is not. Is not what is?
Gary
PS  Turntables need a preamp--right?
This thing preamplifies turntables, right?  As a DJ tool (my new stage
name)?
Grateful for any help,