RE: Hard disk recording killed the tape star

Nope sorry - they stick around TO ME personally because they sound good
to the ear. Rare and Nostalgia has nothing to do with it - I have tons
of gear that isn't considered rare but may be considered old. I have
rack gear that is analog and digital and I have pedals that I prefer for
live performances. To quote my own post - "It's a personal preference".

2" Tape isn't rare in the recording studio world - it's all over the
place and made available to you if you prefer that saturated tape sound.
Or you can have a plug in mimic that sound - but why not go for the real
thing? Well probably because it's a cheaper route but anyway - Like I
said before, in the end there is too much demand for things non-digital.
But don't get me wrong - I embrace both worlds selectively -