Re: Playing an instrument vs. building an instrument...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Grob" <matthias@grob.org>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: Playing an instrument vs. building an instrument...

<snip>
> If we manage to develop a good sense for what positive thoughts and
> relieve of pain, power for work,  we can induce, so, even if you dont
> play that smart stuff, you can be useful, what more do you want to be
> happy?...>

Even though I am pretty well versed in that *smart stuff*, I have always
been influenced by reading an interview with Don Van Vliet (aka Captain
Beefheart) where he mentioned his ideal harmonica tone was the sound you
get when you hang the harmonica out the window of a '49 Packard at about
40mph ("or maybe a honking goose"). This has always been consistent with
my experience. I often feel my *best* musical moments are when the music
just blows through me, and all that *smart stuff*, and all the gadgets
I'm hooked up to are just reeds in the wind.

Kerry M

Audio:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/316/kerry_maxwell_aka_bwana_ro.html
Visual: http://home.earthlink.net/~kmax58/