Re: Stereo EDP

I like your stereo point Mark.
It depends on the instruements and music, too. I use only one EDP
myself and like the mono repetition of a stereo sound sometimes, not
so much other times. If you do percussion, you need to pan it stereo,
for my taste. But its another work during playing. I did paning
during some time (like on "Jejum") to have my melodies spread in
space and loved it, but its not so important and a bit distracting
while playing.

Your idea of the "false stereo" in JamMan manner is ok, but the
additional jacks, input stage, stereo pots, output stage are a
considerable cost. There are no mono ADCs on the market any more, so
even the EDP has a stereo one, but the real limit is processor power.
Sure with a modern processor, that would be easy. But thats a
completely new design...
So nowadays that the digital part is so cheap and powerfull, "false
stereo" would not make sense at all. Once the analog part for stereo
is made, better do it real stereo.

But we have discussed before, how its possible to do such a false
stereo mix passive in a little box or with splitting/mixing cables. I
dont use a mixer.

The most important to be stereo for me is the Reverb, because it
needs to creat space. And that comes after the EDP...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org