Echoplex noise problem

Hi all,

my old Echoplex developed a minor fault during the past couple of months. Independent from the chosen delay time, it starts to produce sort of a metallic "ring" after a while, slightly reminiscent of a short delay generated in a flanger but without being modulated by a sinewave. Is this a common problem, and if so, what´s the solution for it? Does anybody on the list have similiar problems?

please reply off-list as I currently have a problem with reading the digest. Thanks,

Stephen.