Ableton Live and Behringer FCB1010 set up issues.

Hi,

I've been lurking on this list for a while now and have enjoyed the topics
discussed and enjoyed listening to some excellent music that many of you
have been creating. Thanks!

I hope this isn't too off topic, but... I'm trying to use Ableton Live and
the FCB1010 midi foot controller to do basic looping/recording on the fly.

I'm running into a few issues with setting up the midi mapping between Live
and the FCB1010 (I've searched the archive, google, ableton forums, I've
read the entire Live manual, etc. so I don't think this is a redundant
question.).

Let's say I have a percussion loop in track 1 - scene 1.

I'd like to use track 2 - scene 1 to record a simple bass loop and use the
fcb1010 to start/stop the record. Here's where I'm running into a problem.
I've tried programming the fcb1010 to have cnt1 (footswitch 6) send out a
controller message (preset 1). Then I've set up the midi mapping by
hovering
the mouse over the record button for the slot in track 2 scene 1, select
Midi Mapping, then step on the fcb1010 preset 1. Live assigns the mapping
(1/35 if I remember right). When I exit the Midi mapping mode Live starts
playing. When I step on the fcb1010 preset 1 Live doesn't start recording,
instead it looks like it loads an empty clip in play mode (vs. record
mode).

BTW, I was able to successfully set up a midi map using a midi keyboard
(press low c once to start recording, press it a second time to go into
playback/loop mode). So I think I'm not programming the fcb correctly.

Could someone who's a Live/fcb looper please help stear me in the right
direction?

Also, as I think about how the fcb works and how Live midi mapping works it
seems as if I'd really only be able to have each preset send out one midi
message. Is that correct? Let's say I wanted a preset that disarms the
current slot that's recording and jumps to the next track and arms the slot
for recording all at the same time. Is that possible? i.e. if a preset
sends
out multiple midi messages how could I map each message individually to an
item in Live?

Thanks for your help!

Jim

addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or
disclose
and then destroy it.