Re: Gibson EDP hiss noise

It sounds to me like you might have the input level up too high. If you
turn it down a little bit does the problem go away? then that is your
answer.

the newer EDP's do have a limiter on the input, to prevent clipping on the
digital path to the loop. However, turning the input up too much still
hits
the limiter, which may not sound that great. It is much better than
clipping digital inputs, but not as good as a correctly set input level.
Try turning down a bit. If the Input LED is mostly green and hits orange
on
the highest peaks, you are about right. Ultimately, trust your ears, not
LEDs.

kim