RE: Rackmount 1-space stereo line mixers?

> From: Henry Heine [mailto:henry@bagend.com]
>
> I have thought of doing just what you describe. When used as a
> stand-alone is there any eq on the inputs? Any FX or dynamic processing?
> Please say yes.

I went to the MOTO web site to look at the specs on the 828 Mk II. I didn't
see any EQ or FX, but maybe someone will correct me.

Even without EQ or FX, it would be a cool solution for what I'm looking for
(1u mixer, stereo buss, stereo FX loop, and a headphone jack).

The only drawbacks I can see are...

1) Price. I suppose it's not overpriced considering the capabilities, but
if
I use it for a live mixer I wouldn't be using all the features... unless my
rig gets a LOT more complex. It does what I need, but it's also overkill.

2) I don't love the idea of having yet another A/D-D/A conversion step in
my
signal chain. I'm already running two stages of A/D-D/A with my Roland
VG-88
and the Repeater. Each A/D-D/A stage adds a millisecond or two of delay,
but
I guess as long as the Repeater is in a parallel FX loop it wouldn't be too
bad to have the VG-88 going into the MOTU unit. Drat, I really wish the
VG-88 had digital outs! Aside from delay issues, sound quality can get
muddied when you run through too many A/D-D/A stages in a row. Still, the
MOTO unit should have high quality converters, so maybe this isn't an
issue.
I just wish I could find an analog 1u mixer that had this particular
feature
set!

Mike Barrs