Re:MPX-100 looping

> I was looking into the archives and there was some talk of using the
>  Lexicon MPX-100 to create short sustained loops.  Anybody care to share
>  some of their experiences with this?  It might be a good candidate for
>  ambient loops to go along with the EDP.
>
>  Thanks,
>  John
>  www.johnmazzarella.com

MPX-100
1) there's an infinite repeat delay of up to 2.5s, which allows
     you to block new input to the loop.
   it's sort of tap time, in the way of a tap time echo though,
   not like a full blown looper ( I think the loop length is 2 or 4x the
tap
time!)
   The time can adjust itself to MIDI-clock in, so you can sort
   of sync ( it doesn't reallign at the loop end though)
   Unfortunately, if there's incoming MIDI clock this causes
   the sound in an infinite repeat loop to gradually degrade
   to a sort of buzzing sound.

2) there's a mono delay of 5s (or stereo 2.5s) with NO feedback,
    this is v.high quality though, so can be used as a loop thing
   if you have a mixer to arrange the feedback.
   (no tap time)

If you don't want MIDI-sync, and can do without tap time then
check out the Behringer DSP2024P (Virtualizer Pro).
This has a stereo delay of up to 5s with up to 100% feedback.
The left and right channels can be adjusted individually for
time and feedback ( = 2 seperate loops!)

...and it has a sort of looping phrase sampler,(5s stereo)
 . It does variable playback
speed (2octs either way) and reverse.

...and it's incredibly cheap

andy butler