Re: Sept 25, NYC concert: touch gtr textures

Lou-

Hey, this is Jesse from the Loopers list, and last night at Subtonic.  Like
I said, I just moved here from Colorado.  Last night was only the second
time I've been out to hear music here so far.  Cool show.  I wanted to ask
you about your rig, but didn't want to bother you with technical questions
right there.  Just wanted to say hi and make contact.

I just had a couple of questions that I forgot to/didn't get a chance to
ask
you last night.  Hope you've got a second to answer, and don't mind me
asking:

- Is the PA in that venue always there, or did someone bring that for the
night?  Was anyone running sound?  Is there a volume limit in that place?
Do they pay anything?

- Do you know of (and can you recommend) any jam sessions (jazz, funk,
blues, it doesn't matter what genre) in Manhattan?  If not, do you know
anybody who I could talk to regarding such things?

- You said you worked for an "internet company."  Were you on the technical
side of things, or some other aspect?  Can you recommend a place or a way
for a guy to get an entry level tech job like tech support, or building
PCs?
Haha -- so many people asking this question and no answers, ever.

- Here's a link to the EP page at my website (which I run off a Linux box
on
a cable modem here in Brooklyn):  http://lessthanone.net/audio/EP/  There's
three MP3s there.  If you only download one, download Mallorn.  That's the
best representation of what I'm doing.  If you know of any venues that
allow
for this sort of drum 'n' bass jazz fusion stuff, or of any other puveyors
of such filth, could you let me know, or forward my name/website to them?

I'm just trying to get started here.  I was playing bass full time in
Colorado doing jazz and rock/funk wedding band gigs, but I would really
like
to move more towards doing my own original thing here.  I don't want to be
musical whore for the rest of my life, even if it means that I can't do
music for a living.  You know what I'm saying?  I know you do.

Thanks for sending out the heads up to the LD list.  And happy birthday to
you, my friend.

Sincerely,

Jesse

P.S.  I don't have a phone here yet, but I should have one in the next
couple of days.  In the meantime my personal website is here:
http://www.neoprimitive.net/ and my original music website is here:
http://www.lessthanone.net.  Both are run off this Linux box next to me,
which IP masquerades on a Road Runner connection for my two roommates and
I.
Fun fun fun.