EDP Insert fun

Thought I'd share this little tidbit.  Some of your have probably tried
this
(I bet Andre has!), but it was a new discovery for me and I'm having a
blast
with it.

Set feedback to 0
Set InsertMode to H.Sp, so that hitting the Insert button toggles between
FullSpeed and HalfSpeed
Create a very short loop - I'm tending to use about 0.5 seconds
End with Overdub, so that you're feeding the little loop
That loop establishes a tempo.  Play into it.  I've been doing
fingerpicking
chord work, and melodic runs
As you play, hit the Insert button in interesting, syncopated rhythms in
time with your tempo
You'll get neat little syncopated "blurbs" of what you're playing, at the
same speed... 1/2 speed... 2x speed... but in rhythm, and based on what
patterns you're hitting on the Insert button

Try higher feedback values.  Up to 80 or so, you can get longer repeats for
slower changes in your music

I have 2 EDPs, but this basic idea will work with 1.  With 2, you can go
even more nuts, by setting the second unit's InsertMode to:
- Reverse:  mysterious, creepy sounds underlying the first EDP trick
- Substitute or Replace: adds more of your original-pitched work, providing
more stablity to the sound

And then sometimes, I'm running those 2 EDP's output into my G-Major, and
synching an additional echo to the clock.  It get's really bouncy and
beautiful then, but a bit harder to make quick key changes, etc.

Very rhythmic and fun.  Try it!

Doug