RE: axon users - question

-----Original Message-----
From: JAMES FOWLER, III [mailto:jimfowler@prodigy.net]

>> The built in RMS piezo pickups tend to be touted as among the finest
>> that technology can offer.
>
> that's what i've heard...i would guess that the rms saddle pickups are
> of the same quality, so i'm gonna look into those.  thanks for the tips.
>-jim

Jim,

I've never used one of the stick-on Roland mag pickups, but I have three
guitars that use hex saddle pickups. The first (bought several years ago)
was a Godin LGX-SA which uses the Baggs system. It works well (and it's a
great bang for the buck), but I had a minor crosstalk problem with my VG-88
on pitch-shifted patches.

My other two more recent guitars -- a Gibson Pat Martino and a custom Holst
archtop -- use the RMC hex piezo system, and they are a dream. No
crosstalk,
very good "triggering" on the VG-88. It's not quite the same thing as a
Midi
synth, but like the Axon, the VG-88 depends on a good strong hex signal
with
minimal crosstalk between strings.

With the RMC system, there are options in how to set up your guitar...
either with full synth controls onboard, or a minimal "clean" setup with a
floor box preamp (that's the route I took). Let me know if you have any
questions about the RMC setup and I'll try to answer. Both my RMC
installations use the Tune-O-Matic bridge saddle sets.

Also, Richard McLish at RMC is good about answering questions by email.
Here's the RMC web site:

http://www.rmcpickup.com/

Mike Barrs