RE: Looping with a PC laptop... which one?

At 12:32 PM +0200 9/27/03, Per Boysen wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>
>Right now I'm using a IBM ThinkPad A20/m that I picked up second hand
>for a good price. It has a simple Pentium 3 700 MHz processor and I was
>actually surprised to find out that this is enough for looping live with
>Ableton Live.

I just got an IBM Thinkpad R-32 for my work, and, of course, I'll be
using it for music as well. It has a 1.8G Pentium 4, and cost just
under a grand. I just ordered an M-Audio Audiophile USB, based on
Per's, and others, recommendation. I also just installed Live 2.1 on
it. Thus far, I've just been using it to run Reason, and it does
remarkably well.