Re: Y2K3 (was) Timothy's last . . .

on 10/8/03 10:05 AM, ArsOcarina@aol.com at ArsOcarina@aol.com wrote:

> Mark,
>
> In a message dated 10/8/03 9:34:52 AM, mark_hamburg@baymoon.com writes:
>
>> I guess that pigeonholes me pretty much...
>
> Ooops. I guess I didn't consider that aspect. I'm sure you do
> many things besides that. It's just that all I've heard so far
> is pretty ambient(ish) -- which I DO NOT connect to anything
> negative at all -- being a big fan of "ambient" misic via Eno,
> Fripp, Brook and Lanois (among others) for many, many years.

I don't really mind. It is pretty accurate if one had to pick a genre for
what I do.

> I guess what I was thinking more of was the contrasts. Both of
> you guys are smooth and tastefull players . . .

Everything I learned, I learned from Bill. ;-) Well, maybe. I was playing
ambient stuff well before I was in Santa Cruz.

As for driving people from the room, I haven't programmed my new used
SansAmp yet, so the loop I just played was pretty noise dominated.

Mark