Re: slightly OT -- headphone recommendations?

I recently bought the Bose Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones and am
about to embark on a flight from Florida to California.  I already
thing I'm going to send them back for a refund.  They are very
comfortable and come with a nice case but the noise canceling is not
what I had hoped it would be.  Especially for the price.  I was testing
them the other day.  Sitting in my living room with the dishwasher
going it cut a lot of the machine noise but it left the running water
noise.  In my hall way with the bathroom fan and air-conditioner going
it cut the amount of sound down, maybe in half but mainly in the mids.
I don't know.  I think I'll just get my money back and put it towards
another EDP.

---John M.