Re: OT -- oberheim matrix 1000 vs. matrix 6 ???

---- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Muir" <cbm@well.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 07 October, 2003 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: OT -- oberheim matrix 1000 vs. matrix 6 ???

> At 2:29 PM -0400 10/7/03, Fsksync@aol.com wrote:
> >Is there any truth to the rumor that the 1000 sometimes suffers from 60
>hz hum in the output (possibly from the power supply
being jammed in much closer in the single-space rack box?).

> I've never heard hum in the output, but there is a little mechanical
>60Hz sound from some generations of Matrix 1000. A couple of
theories are coupling between the steel lid and the transformer, and just
noisy transformers.

> -C

I owned a Matrix 1000 for a short while - but it had the physical
transformer hum that Chris mentions. I eventually sold it to
a friend who already had one (2 M1000s can make a *wonderfully*
rich sound playing the same patch together) as I like to keep my
studio quiet as I can. He also later sold it but kept his original,
much quieter unit. This is definitely something to listen for
when you're buying one.

Cheers,
Scott M2

http://www.dreamSTATE.to