XLRs and Mics

hey there all,

Its been a while, Ive been looping around and slowly filling up all the
real-estate of my stage with various FX and pedals, Ive decided therefore
it
is time to ditch my usual mic stand/vocal mic setup and get a headset mic
al,la Britney:)
  I have a few questions on the subject

1.Can anyone recomend a good sounding , but reasonably priced headset mic
(by the way I dont need earphones incorprated, just the wrap round type.)
,
Tom in paticular, ive seen you use a headset at Chyma,what make was that ?
it sounded pretty good.

and question
2. What are the main differances between mics that connect using a normal
jack pin and those that have XLR?

in my set up the mic will be fed into my DIgitech vocal 300 which supposts
both XLR and standard jacks.

and help greatly appreciated

yours hopefully
Phill

On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone
http://www.msn.co.uk/msnmobile