Re: Echo Pro successfully syncronised to sequencer

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 12:54  PM, | SquidLoop | wrote:
> The looper doesn't have midi sync.

no, it does not sync by itself.

some of you may remember i was the first person to bring this list the
bad news that it doesn't, after a phone call with an extremely rude
person at Line 6.

however, the Echo Pro looper is controllable through MIDI notes. that's
what my post was about. i used a laptop with a MIDI sequencer to send
the appropriate MIDI note messages required to syncronise the looper on
the unit.

this is easier than how i get rhythmic control out of the PCM-80: by an
obtuse arrangement of modulation scaling and tempo mathematics.

you may ask "but silly Suit & Tie Guy, why would you bother jumping
through such hoops?" and i would answer "because now i have 2
hi-fidelity loopers with balanced connections in the space which used
to house my Repeater."
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com