Re: In the Repeaters defense

At 12:05 AM 10/30/2003 -0800, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL wrote:

>but I've heard no one talk about two of the very coolest features of the
>much maligned Repeater that are phenomally wonderful for a
>multi-insturmentalist like myself:
>
>         [*snip*}
>
>2)  You can have four simultaneous loops going with indedendent control
>of
>the pitch and panning of each loop.....

Overall, very well put Rick!

And to that last point above, it has to be reiterated that the Repeater is
also able to link those four tracks into two stereo pairs, making it a
true
stereo looper right out of the box.

Of course, you can achieve stereo with the EDP through a slave unit, but
that requires you to purchase an entire second unit for such basic
functionality.  It's a fact that has consistently knocked it out of the
'value-proposition' ballpark for myself (and others) who primarily work
with stereo sources.  As such, the Repeater is far more attractive for our
particular setups...

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil