Re: Bose Offers New Take on Live Sound

Agree with some of the other comments about Bose, but assuming the thing
works, it's I think it's an exciting idea. I regularly play through a PA
that cost its owners over $300,000, including a top-of-the-line Allen &
Heath console, multiple Left-Center-Right speaker clusters, huge amount
of power, and individual personal monitor mixers for each player. It
sounds great if you play a CD through it but live it is terrible on
stage, and by all accounts the house sound isn't too great either.

So while this Bose rig might not exactly work for an Ozzy concert, at
reasonable volumes the concept at least makes a lot of sense.

Classical guitarist Sharon Isbin has been doing somethign similar for
year, carrying a small system for her guitar, with its speakers placed
behind the orchestra. I heard this once, and although classical guitar
bores me a little (character flaw no doubt :) it did sound great.

Believe she's talked about it in a number of articles, but here is one I
just found.

http://www.sharonisbin.com/magazine.html