Re: Bose Offers New Take on Live Sound

> I read all the content-free marketing junk on their website and they
>never
> address the issues of the volume being too loud for the performers or how
they
> deal with feedback. I just don't see how it could work at anything over a
whisper
> level. By the time you're hearing yourself well enough to sing, you're
going to
> be feeding back.
>
> I still don't get it. It -might- work in a small coffeehouse, but they
show a big
> stage in their diagrams. How is that going to provide enough volume or
gain
> before feedback for a space the size of the room that would have a stage
that big
> in it?
>
> Greg

Once again, In-Ear monitor systems seem to be the answer to all this. No
backline (if you don't want it), no live monitors to feed back into
microphones, no feedback when you want to distort or ring-modulate your
voice (open mic source on stage), and a great stereo mix (or you on the
left
/ band on the right, whatever) in the ear monitors.

When I get the bucks, I'm going in-ear... forget loud stage problems
completely.

-Miko