Re: Bose Offers New Take on Live Sound

At 09:53 AM 10/31/2003 -0800, Greg House wrote:
>--- Bill Monk <billmonk@mac.com> wrote:
> > Agree with some of the other comments about Bose, but assuming the
>thing
> > works, it's I think it's an exciting idea.
>
>I read all the content-free marketing junk on their website and they never
>address the issues of the volume being too loud for the performers or how
>they
>deal with feedback. I just don't see how it could work at anything over a
>whisper
>level. By the time you're hearing yourself well enough to sing, you're
>going to
>be feeding back.

Not to mention that it looks as if their materials stress having the band
mix themselves, which usually turns out to be a bad idea in all but the
smallest of venues.  After all, do you want your sound controlled by a
technician at the front of the house who can hear just what your audience
hears, or do you want your sound controlled by the guy standing next to
the
drummer.  :P

Also, speaking of 'content-free', has anybody been able to dig up a power
rating, dB levels, or anything to give one an idea just how loud these
things really are?

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil