Re: BPM & Pitch Shift on Repeater

Paul,

 They may not be mapping the values using an algorithm, it might be a table
they created that has values that somehow made sense to them. I work for
a company that makes large format digital mixers and we use tables for
mapping
hardware controls (fader for example) to what they control (level) because
an even spread of values (from a calculation) does not 'sound right'. Also,
my calculation only used two decimal places, and increasing the number of
decimal places will change a few of the mappings, but it doesn't shift them
like the number you gave would require.

 I'm going to try and dig up some data on the relationship of tempo
changing
-> pitch shifting. I'll check the web and ask a few of the dsp guys here
if they have any ideas...

peace
-cpr