Echoplex Input issues.(i think)

Hi all

Those who have been following my rather shakey first foray into the EDP
owning world will know by now that ive been having a few problems, well
this
weekend Ive had no stutters , resets or distorted signals, I have however
found a new problem.

I was trying to record a ebow loop which fades in from nothing when i
noticed that on the recorded loop the ebow comes in suddenly and with a
distinct beginning (as opposed to a pure fade in from 0) the same also
happens on the fade out.

I began to investegate further:

I recorded a loop with about 2 seconds of silence before bringing in
(alternate tests) either a guitar volume fade up or an ebowed note. I held
the note for 4sec and faded out to complete silence before defining the
loop.

Same result.

Is this the "limiter" i have heard mentioned kicking in? is there a way
around it? are there Input/outpt setings that could correct it?(am
currantly
set 12 oclock both settings which is fine for chords etc.

Im not using any form of limiting and I do get a "pure" fade up on the
direct signal (and indeed on my DL-4 loops)

  I guess if it is a "nature of the beast" thing  I can live with is to a
point (at least its not deffective), but im beginnging to get just a
little
jaded as the the edps reliability and supposed quality that made it the
one
item that i thought i really needed for my looping.

Yours Hopefully

Phill