RE: Controllers & Expression Pedals (Thanks, and Rack Bags)...

At 05:38 AM 11/18/2003, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

> >>For example, if I select patch 15, I could have Expression Pedal #A
>set
> up to control Volume for the device on MIDI channel 2 (in addition to
>any
> other program change and/or CC information spit out by that patch).
>When
> I jump to patch 16, however, I need that same Expression Pedal #A to
> control Aftertouch on MIDI channel 13.<<
>
>what we all need is for peavey to make a version of the pc1600 that lives
>on the floor, or for someone to go into the business of customising the
>hardware around the pc1600 board.

I dropped off the edge of the world for a few days due to work-related
travel, but I just wanted to say thanks to Duncan (as well as to Jeff
Shirkey -- I think the GCPro may be able to handle remapping the Exp
Pedals
too) for the helpful suggestions.

I hadn't really considered looking into the pc1600 because I've had an old
JL Cooper Fadermaster since forever, and it's never let me down.  I never
bothered to take a look at other fader-based MIDI controllers until my
feet
got involved.  ;)

I might still have to combine one with another footpedal like the FCB1010
(argh!), but that would only be if I still have trouble juggling both the
Repeater and the Echo Pro with what I already have on the floor.  Seems
like overkill, and I'm trying to keep things smaller/lighter so I can
travel with them.  I think I can use a lot of the functions in my
G-10/G-10C (yamaha midi guitar) to control some of the more, um, *fun*
features of the Repeater (pitchshifting loops, for instance), so I don't
have to relegate them to the floor.  We'll see...

Speaking of portable, I'm looking at a couple of 'rack bags' to cram all
this stuff into (probably a 4-space & a 6-space) so I can drag the setup
on
an airplane.  I've always gone in for the heavy-duty plywood stuff in the
studio, so this is a somewhat new area for me.  However, I don't want a
hernia, and would like to take as much stuff carry-on as possible.

Anybody got any wisdom or horror-stories on travelling with this type of
rack gear?  In particular, I'm interested in anecdotes related to air
travel.  Muchos gracias!!!

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil