Re: Silent vs. noise

> On the noise tip:  Pat Metheny: "Zero Tolerance for Noise"

That would be "Zero Tolerance For Silence." Which is really edgy, but not
noise to me, as in a random generation of frequencies across the entire
audio spectrum. My two fave-raves (which do indeed approach the
sheets-of-static effect) are:
"Earth 2" - which I believe is the name of the artists as well as the CD;
and who could forget "Weasels Ripped My Flesh" by the ol' Zappa-roo!
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
coyotelk@optonline.net
ps - Where can get a copy of Metal Machine Music?