Ultimate EDP Controller

Recently I was thinking about the specs for the Roland
FC-200 MIDI foot controller (I used to own one and sold
it) and it occurred to me that this could make a great
dedicated EDP controller. You can put it in a mode where
all 13 buttons will send CC messages or Note On/Off
messages plus set the built-in expression pedal for
feedback. I remember also that the pedals have a nice
feel to them that should lend themselves to the gymnastics
of looping quite nicely.

I Ebay'd one and it should arrive at the end of the week.
Anyone else try one of these as a dedicated loop controller?

Glenn