Re: Boss RC-20 pedals only hinder time?HELP!!!!!

Randy Craig wrote:

> I am new to looping and this website but I have owned an rc-20 for six
> months now and most recently have added another for my vocals.  I have
>the
> intention to use both in synch but also have the ability to separate them
> when I want to.  I have found this requires incredible time and my
> rehearsals have become very time intensive with hit and miss results.  I
> love the sample quality of the RC-20, its compactibility and loop time,
>but
> I fell the tension on the actual pedals(as opposed to switches on other
>loop
> units) maybe even more of a reason I am getting even more inconsistent
> results with time.  Is the RC-20 known for this?  Is my only option to
>go to
> a Midi-synched unit to get good time?  and would i need to get two of
>them
> in order to keep my vocals and guitar in synch at certain times but
>separate
> loops at other times? What do you guys suggest because i am seriously
>losing
> sleep over this.
>
> Randy Craig
>
> ps if this is the second posting i sent, it is only because I hadn't seen
> the first one post yet.

> Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
> months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Hi Randy,
    I am a singer/songwriter looper as well.  I've used an EDP to loop my
guitar
and vocals through the aux send of a Behringer mixer for the past 8 months.
I've recently added a Boss RC-20 as a second looper to have seperate vocal
and
guitar loops so I can drop one out when I want, a la Howie Day.  From what
it
sounds like you want to do, here are some suggestions.  You can get two
Midi
synched loopers, Two EDP's would do exactly what you want.  However, EDP's
are
expensive, Two EDP's plus foot controllers are going to run close to 2
grand.  I
would love to have two EDP's, but I opted for the RC-20 as a second looper
because it was much cheaper(after Sam Ash gift certificates and a
MusiciansFriend price match, I only payed $60!), but still fulfilled my
basic
needs as a second looper.  At some point down the line, I plan on adding a
second EDP.  Your next option would be to check out the Electrix Repeater.
 They
are discontinued, but you can find them on E-bay.  The Repeater has four
seperate track to record to.  You can record your guitar to track 1 and
vocals
to track 2 and mix or mute accordingly.  Many guys on the list swear by the
Repeater, check the archives for more info.
    Also, check out the Howie Day Madrigals EP.  It comes with a bonus DVD
if
him performing 4 songs live.  His set up is one Line 6 DL-4 for his guitar
and
one DL-4 for his voice.  He has seperate vocal and guitar loops going all
of the
time and his timing is perferct.

Hope that helps,
John