who here uses MIDI?

> From: Andy Morris [mailto:apmorris59@hotmail.com]

> How many loopers here use MIDI? I don't know exactly how it works. It
>may be > something I'd like to get acquainted with. Can anyone give me a
>brief
>explanation or tell me what you do with MIDI yourself?

Midi is so useful fro WHT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR... And that's it -and it's
GREAT at that stuff - most of the major point were concisely covered by
Cara
(hey Cara!)

I use it in looping gigs for :

-program change - multi fx units, delays, synth patches
-extensive control of the Digitech Dimension 12 - and almost totally
ignored
24 sec looper , all controls can be done with simple MIDI prog-change. A
unique idea
-occ. triggering samples or synth from a GK-2A equipped axe
-inputting and setting up simple 'sequence loops' on an old Roland MSQ 100
-
great MIDI Looper - u can find these real cheap.

Haven't dome it yet - but with tmy ELECTRIX stuff - you can save most or
all
of the knob movements as MIDI info!! - so - one can sequence a few minutes
of knob twiddling on say - the filter factory - and apply it while
performing new material....

Many people have ignored MIDI thru the 2 decades it's been extant - on the
basis of the 'tracking problems' - that's a bummer - since it's only 1% of
what you can do with it - It's simply a message protocol.

The philosophy I'd love to see MORE OF is.. "Find what a technology can do
musically and do it all. Then do some stuff it wasn't designed to do.
Accept
that every unit cant be like every other unit - and keep pushing for NEW
STUFF to be invented." All these things CAN be concurrent.....