Hardware hack - replacing a pot with a switch?

I've realized that the only way I use my Digitech PDS 2000 is to hold a
phrase, then twist the delay time pot all the way up or down, giving me
a two-octave pitch jump.  I sometimes do this with other pedals too,
that is, I don't need fine-tuning, just the extreme settings for a pot.
Generally, or specifically speaking with this pedal, is it possible to
replace a pot with a switch?  If so, how would I figure out the value of
the switch I'd need?   I'm handy with a solder gun, but awful with math...

The coolest thing would be if I could add a switch in addition to the pot.

thanx.

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com