FAUX VOIX: new CD release by Loop.pooL

I would like to announce the release of my brand new CD,
'Faux Voix' this coming week.

This CD represents big departure for me artistically.    For the
Woodstockhausen Festival
of Esoteric Music I decided to do a performance that would scare the hell
out of me
and really push me hard out on a limb, artistically.  I forced myself to
do an entirely
acapella show only using processing and live looping.   It was truly scary
to go out on
stage without any instruments to hide behind as I have for all of my
performing life, but
it
was also exhilirating and I've been very excited, creatively ever since.
This CD is the
result of those creative experiments and only uses either acapella vocals
or computer
generated text-to voice editors as its' sonic sound sources.

It features several edited versions of several performances form last
summer's European/
Uk tour,  the Woodstockhausen Festival of Esoteric Music, the Y2K3 Live
Looping
Festival and the Two Day Bay Area Voice and Electronic Thingee (the
excellent festival
produced by Matt Davignon in Oakland and San Francisco recently).

I also got very interested in the use of text to voice editors invented to
help with
accessibility to computers for blind people initially ( and I have to give
out a big
thanks
and a hug to Cara Quinn who is the first person to hip me to these
incredible programs).
I did a lot of experimentations with random and not so random vowel
combinations to
create 'found' melodies and came up with some very interesting results.

There will be a few representative mp3s up on my website by next week
(between
Christmas and New Years) and anyone intereseted in ordering a CD I will
give
a special discount  ($8, including postage and handling) if they mention
Loopers Delight.

Anyone interested in this  CD can send a personal check made out to Rick
Walker at:

FAUX VOIX
412 Darwin Street
Santa Cruz, California
USA
95062-2629

If you would like a signed copy , please let me know and I'll sign it for
you.

thanks and thanks for all the inspiration at this wonderful site.

yours,   Rick Walker
(looppool)