my slow motion cd release & performance

Hey everyone,

As I must've mentioned to some of you already, my first full-length cd
release in several years, "Music at 1/2 Speed" has just been released by
Edgetone Records. An unusual cd even by my standards, it features older
experimental tracks and "pop songs" from 1994-1997, mixed in slow motion,
and often in reverse. The resulting tracks are some of the most unusual
music to be in 4/4 timing. Some feel like 40 foot tall upset stomachs.
Others sound like misunderstood exhaggerations of trip-hop with gradual
vocal bursts.  The original instrumentation includes guitar, sampler, drum
machine, turntable, harmonica, toy piano, bass guitar, violin, tape,
memory
man, television, keyboard, vocals, micro-synthesizer, didgeridoo, &
quadraverb.

The cd's available at: http://www.edgetonerecords.com/catalog/4024.html
Some mp3 samples exist at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/mattdavignonmusic.htm (Track 1 and Track
7)

To celebrate, there will be a Slow Motion CD Release Party at 21 Grand
next
Monday. Please join us for live slowed down music from Jonathan Segel,
Dina
Emerson, Mr. Meridies, Tom Bickley, Ron Lettuce and myself.

Monday, Jan 4th.  8-10pm   $6-10 sliding scale
21 Grand
449B 23rd St (at Broadway)
Oakland, CA