Loop III and MIDI?

Hi, I'm Aasmund Ruud from Norway. This is my first post here at Looper's Delight.
I'm about to purchase an Echoplex; meanwhile I'm borrowing one from a friend of mine. It has Loop III ver.5 in it.
I've seen on this site a Midi implementation spread sheet for the Loop IV, and I wonder if the newest software differ from the old one in that respect?
I use a Ground Control which sends CC's to the Echoplex that's set to source 36;
when I use the mentioned spread sheet as a reference to assign the Reverse command, I get nothing.
Any help would be appreciated