RE: Beat Sync For DL4??

Hi,
good luck with your experiments,may i suggest that instead of using a
transistor,you wire one quarter od a cd4066 analog switch,driven by your
led/opto device?and for other modes,wire in series a small toggle switch
to disable the beat sync function...the advantage of the 4066 is that it's
bidirectional,can work from 3 to 18 volts,and takes virtually no power
from the dl4...

all the best

Maneco

http://manecolooper.tripod.com

--- goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:
>>Ever get it worked out?<<

it is my firm and avowed intention to take the bottom off of my dl4 this
weekend and put a voltmeter across the relevant switch. that is, if my dl4
is actually around.... my band's gear is split between our london studio
(i.e. my house) and a rehearsal space in stockport, manchester, and I
can't quite remember where the dl4 is at. but I'm going to make this
happen.

I want to develop something very simple- at most, a 3.5mm jack socket and
a transistor/opto-isolator/handful of resistors to add either internally
or externally to the dl4 (or actually any tap tempo device- the vortex
springs to mind, and the dod dimension12, which I've been having a great
time with btw).
this would be driven by any clock that can make an LED light up... so one
might have to add a socket to this other bit of gear too, but I think
that's a small price to pay for the functionality.
I have mentioned devices that can be bought or built quite cheaply that
will derive this pulse from midi-clock, but I'm guessing folks might not
need to do this if, for instance, they already have something that's
midi-clocked that blinks an LED at the right rate. I have a bunch of midi
sequencers that flash their lights and produce gate signals... a more
elaborate solution might include a counter circuit that would divide down
such a pulse to produce "taps" at half- or quarter- rates.

I'm not sure what to do about defeating or modifying this function when
the dl4 is switched to sample-mode, because the relevant footswitch is
doing something different then.

anyway- watch this space.

d.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe

Free email service provided by http://www.darksites.com