Lexicon JamMan malfunctioning

Hello all.

I just joined the list so if my question(s) are hopelessly redundant as
relative to historical ongoing discussions please forgive me.

That said, my jammman is malfunctioning; unable to hold a loop for
hardly even a minute and I just noticed that the echo function is no
longer working at all (I can't get the select to scroll past 0).

I have looked at the pages regarding the JM on the looper's delight
site.  I even was able to run a bit of the diagnostics posted there and
near as I can tell the encoder is failing.

I also emailed bob sellon a few weeks ago and have yet to hear back
from him.

I also have tried using a 2A AC converter instead of the stock Lexi
converter but the problem remained.

So my questions are what are my options?  Does Lexicon still service
the Jammans?  How much can I expect that they will charge for repair?
Anybody know of anyplace else to have it serviced, ideally in the
Seattle area?  Can/should I consider replacing the encoder on my own
and if so where could I locate an encoder and how much are they going
for?

Any insight anybody can offer is greatly appreciated.

please and thanks,
dtrager2@comcast.net